Simple Truth about Your Happiness and How to Improve it in Few Seconds
As Mahatma Gandi said: “Life has taught me that people are friendly, if I am kind; people are sad, if I’m sad; they are all bad, if I hate them; there are smiling faces, if I were to smile; sour faces out there, if I’m bitter. The world is happy, if I’m happy; people are angry, if I’m grumpy; people are grateful, if I am grateful! Life is like a mirror: If I smile, the mirror smiles back at me! Whoever wants to be loved has to love!!!”
Life is simple and, many times, we unnecessary complicate it. Contrary to popular belief that if you want to achieve something you have to make a big effort, I believe there is an easier way… I´m enthusiast of Kaizen: continuous improvement, step by step, bit by bit. Henry Ford once said, “Nothing is particularly hard if you divide it into small pieces.” Making small positive changes in the long run is more effective than trying to introduce major changes all at once. It is simply not realistic and leads to frustration.
If you want to be happy and fulfilled, keep it simple:
- Get together with those who you love: surround yourself with family and friends. Do not isolate yourself: when you miss someone, just call him/her.
- Don´t compare yourself with others. Believe in yourself. Follow your heart. Don´t beat yourself up.
- Do all that you are really good at. You have unique talents, use them. Focus on creating what you desire…
- Love your work. “Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life” (Confucius)
- Have a sense of wonder… Read books. Be open to new ideas. Find a new perspective.
- Help others.
- Find balance in your life. Exercise and eat well. Get a good night´s sleep.
- Get in touch with Nature.
- Limit television. Forget about news for just one day…
- Don´t focus on negative thoughts. It is only your inner voice, your subconscious trying to protect you from imaginary dangers. Remember that not everything “little voice” says is true.
- Keep a gratitude journal. Appreciate all you have. Think every night on the good things that have happened to you. Think of the difficult things and appreciates what you learned from them.
As Maria Robinson once said, “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”
What are your favourite ways to keep smiling and to be happy every day? Share your tips below.
- Easy Way to Release Negative Emotions and Create Healthy Relationships
- 9 Ways To Deal Difficult People And To Be Happy Now
- Pay It Forward: 18 Ways to Make a Difference in the World