Let Go of Stress – Points to Ponder
My coach sent posted it today on his Facebook. It looks like a bunch of random “deep thoughts” about stress management. I thought you would enjoy it!
– – –
A young lady confidently walked around the room while explaining stress management to an audience.
She had a raised glass of water, and everyone knew she was going to ask the usual question, ‘half empty or half full?’
She fooled them all by asking, “How heavy is this glass of water?“
Answers called out ranged from 8 oz. to 20 oz.
She replied, “The absolute weight doesn’t matter. It depends on how long I hold it.
If I hold it for a minute, that’s not a problem.
If I hold it for an hour, I’ll have an ache in my right arm.
If I hold it for a day, you’ll have to call an ambulance.
In each case it’s the same weight, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes.“
She continued, “and that’s the way it is with stress. If we carry our burdens all the time, sooner or later, as the burden becomes increasingly heavy, we won’t be able to carry on.“
As with the glass of water, you have to put down stress for a while and rest before holding it again. When we’re refreshed, we can carry on with the burden – holding stress longer and better each time practiced. So, as early in the evening as you can, put all your burdens down. Don’t carry them through the evening and into the night. Pick them up tomorrow.
Keep these thoughts in mind:
1. Accept the fact that some days you’re the pigeon, and some days you’re the statue!
2. Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.
3. Drive carefully… It’s not only cars that can be recalled by their Maker.
4. If you can’t be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.
5. If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.
6. Nobody cares if you can’t dance well. Just get up and dance.
7. Birthdays are good for you. The more you have, the longer you live.
8. You may be only one person in the world, but you may also be the world to one person.
9. A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.
10. Life is short, enjoy it while you can.
11.Take care of the earth … It’s the only planet with chocolate!
Have an awesome day and know that someone has thought about you today — It was I, your friend!
You may also enjoy reading:
- Aiming To A Better You
- Pay It Forward: 18 Ways to Make a Difference in the World
- 10 Positive Declarations You Should Whisper to Yourself Each Morning
- 5 Lessons on Life
- How Can You Feel Better In 1 Minute?